Fatal Attraction

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Hunter x-realm Application

Agrius
    Officer
    Officer

Hunter x-realm Application Empty Hunter x-realm Application

Post  Agrius Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:40 am

Tell us about yourself :
    Name: Tyrone
    Country: South Africa (And NO, there are no lions roaming free here!)

Real Life: I am married with a son of two years old. My family means everything to me. Like to social and meet new people and that is the reason I started playing WOW in the first place. I'm a total sports fan, Rugby being the best! Smile In south Africa sadly no one likes soccer too much (might be cause we suck)

Class: Hunter
    Roll: Survival - I know it's not as good as MM but I really enjoy survival playstyle. If need be I will change to MM for better dps

Beast Mastery - So I can show off my spirit beasts! hehe

How's you internet connection? Are you able to stay online all the raid without silly dc's? Internet is stable except when the idiots in South Africa go on strike! Razz

Link any screens of your UI, world of logs to impress us! An armorylink would fit well here aswell.

I am at work currently but will link my ui when I get home.

Addons:

Omen - What is a tank without omen!
    Recount - to spy on other dps who might beat me Smile
    Castbars - As you get older you need to make them bigger. Reaction times get slower.
    Tukui - I hate wow's default ui. Tukui gives a much more compact design and configuration possibilities (although mine is basically default Tukz)

Agrius - Hunter
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Agrius/advanced

Link to my druid that I raided mostly with in CATA:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Teutatis/advanced

I have an 85 SP/holy Priest and 85 Blood/frost DK as well.
    The last two characters are more mess around characters when I'm very bored ^^

What's your earlier raiding/PvE experience?

I only started playing towards end of TBC but here are the different xpansions raiding experience:

TBC - Played Hunter
    Kara - Clear
    MH - Got to archie
    SSC - Cleared all except last boss
    Sunwell - guild was to crap to attempt it Razz

WOTLK - Played hunter in beginning then switched to Druid (Tank)
    Naxx - Full Clear
    Ulduar - 11 bosses down on 10 man all normal modes
    TOC - Cleared 10 man normal
    ICC - 12/12 normal and 11/12 heroic BEFORE cata! and also did the meta achiev for the mount BEFORE cata! Smile all on 10 man
    Only did one or two pugs on 25 man that killed 11/12 normal

Cata - Played majority of the time with druid but had a one day a week regular pug with hunter for about a month or so:

Hunter - 11/12 Normal
    BWD - 5/6 10 Man
    BoT - 4/4 10 Man
    Tof4 - 2/2 10 Man

Druid 12/12 Normal
    BWD - 6/6 10 Man ( Nef adds are a biatch to tank on last phase if you don't have bigwigs!) Smile
    BoT - 4/4 10 Man
    Tof4 - 2/2 10 Man

Sadly before we could finally start on heroic raids guidl basically fell apart. I know tacts to most heroic modes though. Youtube FTW! Razz

What guilds have you been in before, and the reason to why you left those?

I started playing on Kul Tiras back in 2008 and have only ever been in two guilds:

Brotherhood of steel - Joined them in TBC as a noob in WOW and had alot of fun but sadly when wotlk came out guild disbanded (they did reform later on)

Apocalypto (Current guild) - When I left Brotherhood of steel my brother and myself decided to start our own social guild. We got bored pretty fast and started raiding. We were a social raiding guild grew as a family nad had a lot of fun but sadly over the last month or so people wanted to find new pastures.

The attendance requirement is 90%. Is this something you can manage? We may also ask you to take a standby if that's required for an optimal raidsetup. Are you ready to take a standby? Yes, I will be there for probably 100% attendance. Only time I won't be online for raids is when I have a work function in the evening (whoch is not a lot or when I have family commitments like my son's bday for example. If I can't make it however, I will notify the RL or an officer.
    As for being on standby, those things happen. Raiding shouldn't be the only thing you log on for. So if I am asked to be on standby, hey! good luck in raid but keep me posted on boss kills or drops ^^

Do you have Ventrilo 3.0 and a working mic available? Communication's a very important part on encounters!

What is a raid without vent! I used to be MT AND RL in Apocalypto and Vent is the most valuable tool in a raid! so yes, Vent working, mic working (just waiting for vent details Wink

Why do you consider yourself as the right person for this guild?
    Yes, I do. I have looked at your forums, checked you out on wowprogress and realm forum and by your description of the guild I feel I will fit in nicely and work towards the same goal in raids and guild which is PROGRESS and having FUN! Razz

Anything else you might wanna add?

Not really. Only thing I can say is that if I do get accepted (which I hope I will) please give me a chance to transfer my character ^^

On the enchanting on my hunter. 3 enchants will change by tonight. Will change the back, bracers and gloves to agility enchants. I currently have crit strike on them.

Any other comments will be appreciated.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this!

Agrius

Btw, I'm a salesman IRL, so hopefully I haven't failed in doing so with this app! Very Happy
    Coldine
    Coldine
    Admin

Hunter x-realm Application Empty Re: Hunter x-realm Application

Post  Coldine Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Hello there mate. Really good application, I have to give ya that.
    But! There are some stuff about your character and other things.

First of all, your reforging looks odd to me. A decent hunter reforges away his mastery (yes, ALL of it) to either crit or haste.
    As it shows with the BiS 372 gear, Crit > Haste > Mastery, IF you're not close to a hastecap somehow (to squeeze in an extra shot). This is for MM.
    For Survival, it's Haste > Crit > Mastery.

Second of all, you gem for mastery socket bonuses, and do NOT go for 40agi on sockets, where the bonus is as low as 10agi/20crit etc.
    A thumb rule, 40agi all the way unless the socketbonus is really worth going for!

Third of all, some of your enchants are abit slacky. Get agility on gloves etc. Always get the best enchants available!

And ye last words, your haste looks really low. Feels really strange, since my hunter (sure 366 eq) got 11.96% haste unbuffed, and other hunters in the guild got like 9-10%.

Also a small note. In your Beast Mastery spec, you put points in http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82834 (imp. serpent sting), which is useless since you put up 1 maybe 2 SrS per fight.
    This would be much of a better choice, since it applies to the first 20% of the bossfight: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=34483 (Careful Aim).

Such stuff is easy to fix, but something we really demand!
    Agrius
    Officer
    Officer

Post  Agrius Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi Coldine,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

1) I will work on the reforge tonight and correct this (reforge all mastery to haste to get the haste up).
    2) I will re-look at all the gems as well. These are minor things ^^
    3) As stated right at the end of my post, I will be putting proper enchants on my back, gloves and wrists tonight to agility
    4) As for the beast Mastery Spec. I honestly havent specced it properly as I never play it. I only have BM for the spirit Beasts Smile e-peen or whatever they say hehe.

In the beginning I said if the guild requires me to go to MM I will respec the BM to MM spec. BM is purely so that I can take the elite pets out to take them for a walk around the city or to a tree in elwynn.
    Agrius
    Officer
    Officer

Post  Agrius Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Ok, fixed the reforging, gems and enchants. Only enchant I'm busy spamming trade for is the agi on gloves. sadly none in ah and no enchanters is replying.

Havent changed the BM spec yet as I will change this if you guys need MM spec from me.
    Coldine
    Coldine
    Admin

Post  Coldine Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Ok, well thing is as I always say: "Play the spec that suits you best, where you perform the best!".
    For example, there's no reason to play MM if you feel that the playstyle does not suit you.
    Me myself is considering trying BM in firelands, and see how it works out for example.
    Though, we might require a specific spec for something, and then that's what you gotta play on that specific encounter.
    I know stuff I pointed out are kinda minor, but that's stuff that you need to show us that you know.
    I won't tell you like "why did you reforge x to y", bcuz I will expect you to reforge and properly enchant/gem a new piece all the time.
    Also, knowing what pieces that are BiS and what's not from the balance of stats. I want every hunter to be decent, and not having to tell em what to do.

Anyway, we're having a small break before firelands now, and will resume 25man when firelands is released!

And yea, I would like some time to think the app. through. Will get back with an answer.
    Invil
    Invil
    Officer
    Officer

Post  Invil Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:01 pm

Agrius wrote:Ok, fixed the reforging, gems and enchants. Only enchant I'm busy spamming trade for is the agi on gloves. sadly none in ah and no enchanters is replying.

If Coldine accept you, we have people that can enchant anything.
    Coldine
    Coldine
    Admin

Post  Coldine Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:21 pm

Invil wrote:
    Agrius wrote:Ok, fixed the reforging, gems and enchants. Only enchant I'm busy spamming trade for is the agi on gloves. sadly none in ah and no enchanters is replying.

If Coldine accept you, we have people that can enchant anything.

Which he does. ACCEPTED.
    Whisper either me or invil, and if we're not online mietosis or devilim when you're on tarren mill!
    Coldine
    Coldine
    Admin

Post  Coldine Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Sooooo... what's going on? Will get declined if you're not here BEFORE sunday!
    Coldine
    Coldine
    Admin

Post  Coldine Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:10 am

DECLINED!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:34 am