Fatal Attraction

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Hunter - Marksmanship (7/31/3) - Grapey

Grapey
    Officer
    Officer

Hunter - Marksmanship (7/31/3) - Grapey Empty Hunter - Marksmanship (7/31/3) - Grapey

Post  Grapey Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Tell us about yourself - Name, Age, Country, Class and roll(as in tank/dps/healer)

Nathan, 20, United Kingdom (England), Orc Hunter, Ranged DPS.

How's you internet connection? Are you able to stay online all the raid without silly dc's? Do a test on http://www.speedtest.net/ and post the result!

No dc's whatsoever. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1355072553.png

Link any screens of your UI, world of logs to impress us! An armorylink would fit well here aswell.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Grapey/advanced
    https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/829/wowscrnshot061511221825.jpg/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/duregesd6vp4uxsy/details/11/

What's your earlier raiding/PvE experience?

Started at the end of Vanilla.
    TBC - TK/SSC cleared, started BT and MH just before WotLK came out.
    WotLK - Naxx 10/25 cleared, Ulduar cleared, ToTC 10/25 cleared, ToTGC 10 cleared, ICC 10/25 cleared
    Cataclysm - 12/12 normal cleared, 5/13 heroic (4/6 BWD, 1/4 BoT)

What guilds have you been in before, and the reason to why you left those?

I was in a guild called Dystopia, at the time was 6th on the realm (January), cleared 12/12 mid february, then to a disagreement, disbanded and formed a guild called Picture This. I took some time off raiding for personal reasons involving sickness in the family. Then returned to raiding with Picture This but has recently disbanded as people couldn't commit to raiding.

The attendance requirement is 90%. Is this something you can manage? We may also ask you to take a standby if that's required for an optimal raidsetup. Are you ready to take a standby?

Yes, I completely understand taking a standby. I have a very high attendance percentage, I will let Officers know weeks in advance if I cannot make a raid.

Do you have Ventrilo 3.0 and a working mic available? Communication's a very important part on encounters!

I have all common communications associated with WoW, and yes I have a working mic.

Why do you consider yourself as the right person for this guild?

I consider myself to be a dedicated WoW player. I will arrive to every raid 15 minutes prior to invites with extra pots, flasks and buff food, including Goblin Barbecues if people forget buff food. I consider myself to be very friendly looking to have a good time playing WoW and making new friends within a new guild.

Anything else you might wanna add?

I think i've covered everything. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have. Thanks for taking the time to read my application. Happy Gaming! Smile
    Coldine
    Coldine
    Admin

Hunter - Marksmanship (7/31/3) - Grapey Empty Re: Hunter - Marksmanship (7/31/3) - Grapey

Post  Coldine Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Hello there mate.
    An ok application, aswell as progress wise on the character.
    There are some stuff though.

First of all, we're alrdy 3-4 active hunters, and if let's say we're 4 hunters in total, and we invite you as 5th hunter would mean 2 hunters constantly on standby.

Second of all, I had a look on your character and you got some slacky enchants. Let's say like this, you don't have the best available enchants on everything.

Third of all, your gemming feels odd.. really odd. Why do you gem for 10ago bonuses, or even worse, 20mastery!? Mastery is your worst stat and I really don't get why you go for them.
    Also I wanna point out your hit, which comes from purple gems (you're on .63% above the cap).

Fourth of all, your trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=59441 (Prestor's Talisman of Machination) is not really that good for a hunter. Have you ever considered comparing it to http://www.wowhead.com/item=58181 (Fluid Death)?
    Why would people ask... well. 380 passive Agility + 321 passive hit >> 321 passive agi and hasteproc, that will ruin your rotation (we want passive haste, not temporary right?).

Yea, a couple of stuff there to point out. As I said, we're crowded on hunters and the only applications we get is from hunters, so you really have to be perfect to get a spot!

Will get back to this one later (holiday in sweden today and might be away).
    Grapey
    Officer
    Officer

Hunter - Marksmanship (7/31/3) - Grapey Empty Re: Hunter - Marksmanship (7/31/3) - Grapey

Post  Grapey Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:44 pm

well I asked Devilim if I should apply and he said yes, if I had known you already had 3 or 4 active hunters I wouldn't have bothered in the first place. On a note about gear and gem choices I would have Fluid Death if I had been raiding enough to rack up the Valor Points or doing Zandalari heroics, but since its so close to patch 4.2 it seems rather pointless now since all Valor Points are being reset.

The normal version of Prestor's Talisman of Machination is very good for hunters, in fact it proves to be better dps than the heroic Cyclone trinket from Heroic Halfus according to www.femaledwarf.com for my gear set, so don't knock it until you've done your research.

My gem choices aren't the best I admit, but when I gemmed those pieces of gear, it had just hit 4.1 so I was not totally sure of what I was gemming. I have only recently started playing again which means only casually, but i'm glad you have mentioned the gemming. But then again, your gem choices aren't completely correct. Take your chest for example, you've put agility into both gem slots when you'd benefit most from putting an agi/hit gem in the blue socket and you'd still retain the same amount of agility but with 20 extra hit you can reforge away on something else. I'm not here to criticise you. Looking at your other active hunters, i've noticed people are gemming worse than me and enchants such as Greater Mastery on gloves, when they'd benefit more from the haste enchant or agility enchant.

I know you're in a difficult position in terms of accepting people, but by telling people what to gem rather than explaining the benefits, you accept people with the correct gem choices, but when they get new gear, the enchants and gemming are all wrong as demonstrated by some of your active guild members so i'd strongly suggest you compare before making your decision. I know I won't get accepted but i'm just trying to help you and your guild progress further as wiping to a boss with 1% or 2% could have been killed with people who have the correct gemming and enchants.
    Invil
    Invil
    Officer
    Officer

Post  Invil Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Grapey wrote:Yes, I completely understand taking a standby.
    Grapey wrote:if I had known you already had 3 or 4 active hunters I wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

With 4 hunters, that would mean that 2 hunters gets rotated per raid (if they are all online). That means every hunter are on standby 1/3 raids. That's nothing. But I'm glad to hear that here instead of us finding out that you aren't okay with being on standby after you've been invited.

Last edited by Invil on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Coldine
    Coldine
    Admin

Post  Coldine Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:56 pm

And, in that case, we don't need you either.
    You refuse to change anything and whatever.. nvm let's just leave this.
    DECLINED!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:35 am